Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy and delicious spread. Men love it. Don't maker extra. This does not keep. The bacon gets soft.
- 1 lb crisp crumbled bacon
- 1 lb shredded medium cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup real mayonnaise
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped white and green parts
- walnuts (optional) or pecans (optional)
- Fry the bacon til crisp. Crumble and add shredded cheese. Mix well. Add green onions, mix well. Fold in mayo. If desired, form into ball and roll in nuts.
- Serve with crackers, chips, all the usual suspects.
I made this dip for a superbowl party. It went sooo fast. I lost the recipe and couldn't remember where I got it from. I was reading your comments on canning green beans and followed you link. You have made me a very happy person. This is a fantastic recipe!
This is a man-pleaser! Made as directed as a dip; will try the next time as as a cheese ball. Thanks, Herb Princess! Made for PAC Spring '09.