Recipe by Icookgood4u
Ground beef with a distinctive kick. My mother's recipe and a staple when we were groung up on a budget. Great over egg noodles or rice,or just eaten like sloppy joe's or a basic chili. Enjoy.
- 2 lbs ground beef, preferably 80/20
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup water or 1⁄2 cup beef stock
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (I use K.C Masterpiece)
Directions See How It's Made
- Season Beef with Salt, Pepper, Garlic and Onion poweder.
- Brown beef in large skillet.
- Add diced onion and cook till translucent.
- Add water, bbq sauce and ketchup and cook for 10-15 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Serve over noodles, pasta or as a main course with potatoes or rice.
- Also works well as a sloppy joe.