8 hrs 25 mins
More Sunshine's Note:
This recipe is highly recommended! It's an excellent copycat of Portillo's Italian Beefs. Two important notes - do NOT substitute the Knorr Chicken Bouillon with another brand - you will not get the same results. And Yes, you want CHICKEN flavor. (Please note that the Italian Salad Dressing Mix package is .7 ounce, but this size wasn't recognized when I submitted the recipe; I'm sure it would turn out fine if the package is a little more or a little less.) Serve with Italian Rolls or French Bread and additional hot peppers for those who like spicer Italian Beefs. I prefer to use Hot Giardiniera Relish instead of hot peppers, but this wasn't recognized in RecipeZaar. The nutritional information doesn't include the rolls.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs chuck roast
- 3 3/4 teaspoons Knorr chicken bouillon
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 ounce Italian salad dressing mix, Prepared as directed
- 1/4 cup vinegar, Use amount listed on salad dressing mix
- 3 tablespoons water, Use amount listed on salad dressing mix
- 1/2 cup canola oil, Use amount listed on salad dressing mix
- 3/4 teaspoon hot pepper, finely chopped
- 1Cut the meat into small cubes.
- 2Place the meat, bouillon granules, the finely chopped hot peppers, and garlic salt in the crock pot.
- 3Prepare the salad dressing as directed on the package (the amount of vinegar, water and oil may vary depending on the brand you use).
- 4Pour the salad dressing over the meat.
- 5Add enough water to cover the beef; stir to blend.
- 6Cook on low for 8 hours.
- 7Remove the beef from the broth placing it in a glass mixing bowl. Shred the beef with a fork and knife.
- 8Put the shredded beef back in the crock pot so it keeps warm and serve with the broth. Additional hot peppers can be served on the side for those that like it hotter.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Debbie's Famous Italian Beef
Serving Size: 1 (277 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 753.1
- Calories from Fat 553
- Total Fat 61.5 g
- Saturated Fat 20.8 g
- Cholesterol 173.9 mg
- Sodium 304.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 46.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Italian salad dressing mix