Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
My good friend Debbie gave me this recipe and boy is it good. My whole family loves it and I make it often. The dressing is very good and uses ingredients that are usually in my pantry all the time. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 lb spinach
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- 3⁄4 cup shredded purple cabbage
- 1⁄4 cup raisins or 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced onions
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- Blend dressing ingredients all together.
- Pour over salad.
- If you are not going to eat the salad right away, keep dressing in another container and pour dressing over spinach when ready to eat, or the salad will get soggy.
A wonderful refreshing spinach salad to add to my cookbook. We bought a huge bag of spinach so will be reviewing a few recipes. This one was great.