Recipe by DoubleA's Mom
I actually adapted this recipe from another zaar recipe, using more spices, less cheese and some wine! Although the original recipe was great, this suited our family's taste a bit more.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces cottage cheese (we like 2%)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 12 ounces lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 12 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef, onion, bell pepper, carrot and garlic in frypan.
- Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, black pepper, oregano, basil, parsley and red pepper flakes.
- Cook for 3 or 4 minutes.
- Spoon a layer of meat sauce onto the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a double layer of uncooked lasagna noodles (break to fit) and top with cheeses.
- Repeat with sauce, noodles and cheeses until all are used up.
- Add wine and water around the lasagna.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.