Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
A topping to go over pretty much any fresh fruit or pie filling. This is my mother-in-laws recipe, but I've added the cinnamon to it because my family enjoys it.
- 2⁄3 cup oats
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT oats in a mixing bowl until smooth, fold in oats.
- Spoon over fresh fruit or pie filling in an 8x8 cake pan, or a round pie dish.
- Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, or until topping is golden.