Recipe by Carol's Mistletoe Kitchen
My high school friend, Debbie, shared this recipe. She cooks alot for her family and this soup is a favorite.
- 1 whole chicken, cooked, deboned and cut into pieces
- 4 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut in to bite-size chunks
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) package chicken noodle soup, starter
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil the chicken on 3 quarts of water. When tender (about 45 minutes), remove from water to cool. Pull chicken off bones and cut into cubes, discarding bones and skin. Return chicken to broth.
- Add vegetables, Soup Starter and cream of chicken soup. (find soup starter in the soup section at the grocery store.).
- Cook on low heat for an hour. Makes a lot and freezes well.