Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a recipe that I adopted from the Zaar account. It's a lot like a layered dip that my family has always made.
- 1 (16 ounce) can refried beans
- 3 avocados
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packet taco seasoning mix
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup green onion (chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tomatoes (chopped or drained)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese (grated)
- Mash avocados with lemon juice, salt and pepper until smooth.
- In separate bowl, mix sour cream with mayonnaise and taco seasoning mix.
- In loaf pan, layer beans, avocado mix, sour cream mix, onions, tomatoes and cheese.
Similar to a Taco Dip/Spread I make several times a year for potlucks. My recipe has salsa mixed with the refried beans, which makes them a bit less sticky and easier to spread in the serving dish. And because the ingredients are listed out of order of use, I accidentally mixed the mayo with the avocados (which is how they go together in my own recipe). Not a big problem, just gave us a bit juicier dip than otherwise. We have WHITE cheddar cheese on hand right now, so the picture doesn't look as colorful as it would normally. We also included black olives, and served lettuce on the side and turn these into tacos or pregnant burritos. I don't buy taco seasoning packets but make my own from dried minced onions, chili powder, basil, oregano, parsley and salt. I would be interested in knowing how to serve or make chalupas to go with this dip. Sorry about the lower rating, the ingredients being out of order really threw me. I very much like the tangy-ness in the sour cream with the taco seasoning! Ymmm...