Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my dear friend Debbie's recipe. It is fantastic. A bit unique, but ooooh so good!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups vegetable oil
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts (or pecans)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 10x15x2 inch baking dish or 10 inch Bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a separate larger bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar and vanilla by hand. Stir in the oil; the mixture should resemble pudding.
- Gradually stir in the dry ingredients, then fold in the carrots, pineapple, coconut, walnuts and raisins.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and spread evenly.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a small knife inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Frost with cream cheese frosting of your choice.