Recipe by The Kanajyn
A meat sauce for pasta ( spaghetti ) with a nice bite to it. Vary the amount of tabasco for more bite and the amount of worcestershire for more sweetness.
Top Review by Mercedes'_Spencer's_Mommy
This was great. Even my husband liked it and he is a very picky eater. I used green and red peppers instead of the celery. it was a great sauce. thanks for the great recipe Winnipeg Walt, it will be a keeper for my husband and I
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 500 g ground beef
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, slivered
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce, to taste
- 250 g fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1360 ml tomato sauce (2 - 680 Ml. Cans)
- 2 tablespoons basil, to taste
- 2 tablespoons oregano, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat 2 tbsps of olive oil in a large pot.
- Crumble ground beef in frying pan with potato masher or wooden spoon and brown approximately 5 minutes on medium-high heat.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add onions, celery and garlic.
- Cook for additional 2-3 minutes until onions are softened.
- Add worcestershire, tabasco and mushrooms; cook on medium heat about 5 minutes until mushrooms soften.
- Add 2- 680 milliliter cans of tomato sauce and 2 tablespoons each, of oregano and basil.
- Bring to a boil then simmer on low for about 2 1/2 hours, stirring occasionally.