Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my personal favorite and my own creation...The purpose was to make a chili that no one would say it wasn't hot enough...You can bring down the heat by not adding the jalapeno or habaneros.
- 3 lbs diced stew meat or 3 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon course black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 4 ounces of diced jalapenos and 4 ounces habaneros (optional)
- 12 ounces diced tomatoes
- 4 ounces green chilies
- 8 ounces of ortega hot taco sauce
- 14 ounces hot chili beans
- 10 ounces kidney beans
- 10 ounces red beans
- 10 ounces yellow hominy
- Brown the beef with the onion, green pepper, garlic salt and black pepper, drain grease, then add spices and beans(do not drain liquid), mix well -- Let simmer for at least 2hrs -- Cooking time will increase if you are using a crock pot(about 4-5hrs on low).
- The longer it cooks the better --.
- Serve with shredded cheddar, guacamole, or sour cream on the side.