Prep 30 mins
Cook 14 mins
This recipe came from Ladies Home Journal.
Make and share this Death by White Chocolate Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebaker's semisweet baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (6 ounce) packagebaker's premium white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped or 1 cup baker white semisweet chocolate chunk
- 2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate in large bowl on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in white chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 13-14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
- Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
I have made this recipe for years. One of my favorites. Not hard to make at all. Very big chocolate taste, so if you need a fix, make theses for sure. I have also frozen the dough to keep for later and when it softened, just as good as fresh. (as well as the cooked cookies freeze well)
I made these with a 12 oz bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips (divided) and 1 cup of walnuts. It was very good and easy to make.
I splurged and got really high quality chocolate for these and boy was I glad I did. I made these for my boss on Boss's Day. Heard through the grapevine that he called them "the best cookies he had ever eaten" Very rich and very good. My dough was thick, sort of like brownie dough.