Recipe by Luby Luby Luby
This recipe came from Ladies Home Journal.
Top Review by maxona_1172240
I have made this recipe for years. One of my favorites. Not hard to make at all. Very big chocolate taste, so if you need a fix, make theses for sure. I have also frozen the dough to keep for later and when it softened, just as good as fresh. (as well as the cooked cookies freeze well)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagebaker's semisweet baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 (6 ounce) packagebaker's premium white baking chocolate, coarsely chopped or 1 cup baker white semisweet chocolate chunk
- 2 cups chopped macadamia nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate in large bowl on high for 2 minutes.
- Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla until well blended.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in white chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by scant 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 13-14 minutes or until cookies are puffed and feel set to the touch.
- Cool 1 minute and remove from cookie sheet.
- Cool completely on wire rack.