Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
There is NO escaping the chocolate goodness in these suckers, and it's a good thing the recipe I adapted from Sally's Baking Addiction only makes two because they're the size of your face!
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon sweetened hot cocoa mix
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup miniature dark chocolate chips
- multicoloured candy sprinkles (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and sugars together, followed by the egg and vanilla.
- In a separate small bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, hot cocoa mix, baking soda, and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Divide dough in two and place on the baking sheet in tall mounds.
- Add sprinkles on top if desired.
- Bake for 15-16 minutes.
- Cool completely on baking sheet.