Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family loves peanut butter. I was messing around in the kitchen and came up with this cake for my daughter Kristin
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) butter recipe cake mix (I use Duncan Heinz)
- 1⁄2 cup real butter
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter (Jif)
- 4 eggs (room Temperature)
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon real vanilla
- frosting, recipe will follow cake directions
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease & flour two 9-inch round cake pans.
- 1. Cream together peanut butter and butter until fluffy. Add 1 egg at a time beating after each egg. Add ½ of the cake mix and ½ of the water mix well then add other ½ of cake mix and other ½ of water mix until just combined. ( don’t over beat).
- 2. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until cake springs back when touched. Cool cakes on wire rack. Frost (recipe below) when cool.
- Death By Peanut Butter Frosting:.
- ½ cup real butter (softened).
- 1 tab. Crisco shorting.
- 4 oz cream cheese (softened).
- ¾ cup creamy peanut butter (Jif).
- 2 tea. Real vanilla extract.
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar (I sift for smother results).
- In a large deep bowl, beat butter Crisco and cream cheese until light & fluffy add peanut butter and vanilla beat on high speed until fluffy. On low speed, beat in ½ of confectioner’s sugar until mixed then beat in other ½ Frost cake
- I top with a chopped Reases Peanut Butter Sticks & Planters Peanuts.
Loved this cake - made in silicone pans and it didn't come out of the pan well at all. I don't know if it was me or the pans - Great Cake though! So Good!