Raquel Grinnell's Note:
This recipe is from Just a Pinch.com; had to look up all the package weights online though as they just had "a package of Oreos" in the recipe. Looked too good to lose!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 18 ounces Oreo cookies, regular size
- 8 ounces miniature Oreo cookies, for decoration
- 18 1/4 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 3 3/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- cupcake liners
- 1Preheat oven to 350. Mix cake mix according to directions with the eggs, milk (instead of water) and oil. Set bowl of batter aside.
- 2Line cupcake tins with liner, place a regular size oreo cookie in the bottom of each one.
- 3Take 1/2 of remaining cookies and chop coarsely and add to cake batter. Fill the cupcake tins. Bake for 15 min (or according to box directions for cupcakes). While cupcakes are baking make the frosting.
- 4Cream together butter and cream cheese. Add vanilla, then add powdered sugar slowly until blended well.
- 5Chop remaining regular-sized Oreos very fine. Stir into frosting.
- 6After cupcakes are cool, frost them and decorate with a few mini oreos on top.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Death by Oreo Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (130 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 527.5
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 527.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 48.9 g
- Protein 6.0 g