Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great. The zestier and greasier the better, because potatoes soak up spice and fat like a sponge.
- Heat the bacon fat and butter in a pan until sizzling slightly.
- Add potato and spices.
- Cook and stir on high heat for 10 minutes.
- Add a small amount of water and cover 10- 15 minutes, or until potatoes are almost tender.
- Add other vegetables (pepper first) and cook until tender.
- Top with shredded cheese and cover until melted.
- Cooked crumbled bacon would also be good.