Recipe by COOKGIRl
Eat at your own risk. A childhood tradition was to eat dump cake with lots of fake "vanilla" flavored ice cream. I miss those days! Now a new tradition that is served every year on New Year's Eve.
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix (I've also used spice cake mix) or 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix (I've also used spice cake mix)
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 2 (15 ounce) cansfruit pie filling (apple, cherry and lemon were our favorites)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups walnuts or 1 1⁄2 cups pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease a large, 10" diameter, deep tube pan.
- Stir the almond extract into the canned fruit. Then dump the fruit filling into the tube pan. Dump the whole can of crushed pineapple onto the fruit filling. Pour DRY cake mix over fruit filling. Add chopped nuts to top of filling. DO NOT MIX.
- Cut butter up into pats and dot top of cake mix.
- Bake for 1 hour in 350 degree oven. Great with vanilla ice cream.
- Serve warm.