Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Do I have to say ANYTHING! Oh OK i've used raspberries,strawberries Instead of bananas.Then went with Chambord instead of rum. You can play any way you want!
- 4 (3 1/2 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 (16 ounce) container whipped topping
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 1 cup Kahlua or 1 cup coconut rum
- 6 Skor candy bars, chopped
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted coconut
- Pepare box mix as directed or your prepare your own chocolate cake recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- When done, remove from the oven, poke holes in the cake and pour the kahluha or rum over the cake.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the pudding.
- Tear or crumble the cake into pieces.
- In a trifle bowl, layer in this order: cake, pudding, bananas, whipped topping and candy bars.
- Repeat layers ending with chopped candy bars and toasted coconut on top.
- Chill well.
Very good! I used Kahlua and followed directions exactly. A keeper, thanks for posting!
This was wonderful! It made alot - it filled up my trifle bowl and I ended up making 4 additional parfait glasses with the rest. Very good - thanks!
This is 6 stars! I made this for my family tonight. I baked the cake in 2- 8 inch pans and instead of pouring the Kaluha over the cake after it was done, I poured it into the cake batter. I substituted 2/3 cup of Kaluha for some of the water that the cake call for on the box. One of my nieces can't eat bananas so I split the dessert in two; made one with bananas and the other with strawberries. I ate half the banana one by my self.. It is soooo good! It reminds me of a dessert that my mother makes. Great recipe. Thanks for posting Rita L.