Recipe by Miss Annie
Do you like chocolate? You have to try this one. You really won't die, but you will think you have died and go to heaven. The prep time includes making the cake.
- 4 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix or 4 boxes chocolate mousse mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (or your own cake recipe)
- 1 cup Kahlua (optional)
- 6 Skor candy bars or 6 Heath candy bars, chopped (chocolate toffee bars)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cake mix as directed, or make your own chocolate cake recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- When done, remove from the oven, poke holes in the cake and pour the kahlua over the cake.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the pudding or mousse.
- Tear or crumble the cake into pieces.
- In a glass trifle bowl layer in this order: 1/3 of cake, 1/3 of pudding, 1/3 of whipped topping and 1/3 of candy bars.
- Repeat layers ending with chopped candy bars on top.
- Chill well.