Prep 50 mins
Cook 0 mins
Do you like chocolate? You have to try this one. You really won't die, but you will think you have died and go to heaven. The prep time includes making the cake.
- 4 boxes instant chocolate pudding mix or 4 boxes chocolate mousse mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 box chocolate cake mix (or your own cake recipe)
- 1 cup Kahlua (optional)
- 6 Skor candy bars or 6 Heath candy bars, chopped (chocolate toffee bars)
- Prepare cake mix as directed, or make your own chocolate cake recipe and bake in a 9 x 13 inch pan.
- When done, remove from the oven, poke holes in the cake and pour the kahlua over the cake.
- Let cool.
- Meanwhile prepare the pudding or mousse.
- Tear or crumble the cake into pieces.
- In a glass trifle bowl layer in this order: 1/3 of cake, 1/3 of pudding, 1/3 of whipped topping and 1/3 of candy bars.
- Repeat layers ending with chopped candy bars on top.
- Chill well.
I love this recipe. Used Brownie mix (intead of choc. cake) and 2 pkgs of choc mousse. This was so darn delicious! Women were fighting over the last piece! (Pleaaase!)
Excellent recipe! I made this for work last week, and practically got trampled at the door as soon as everyone found out what it was. I didn't have reg. chocolate cake mix, so I used Devil's food instead. I also made my own sweetened whipped cream, because I didn't have time to wait for a tub of Cool Whip to thaw out. Oh, and I had Tia Maria instead of Kahlua. Close enough, I thought. Great, great, great, and easy to make as well.
This triffle was very good. I made my own brownies from scratch (adding chocolate chips to the batter is a nice touch), but I found that I didn't need nearly an entire 9x13 pan; a 9" square pan would have made plenty. I used two boxes of the Nestle European-style mousse, 1 dark chocolate and 1 mocha. Finally I purchased 3 "king-size" Heath bars but did not use them all; another candy or just chocolate chips could be substituted. Overall, very good, simple, and easy to make variations.