Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
I think this is a very festive dessert that is moist and creamy with layers of chocolate treats!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix (you will probably only be able to fit about 2/3 of the cake in your truffle bowl)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup chocolate syrup (you can substitute coffee liqueur for the chocolate syrup if you want)
- 2 (4 ounce) packages instant chocolate pudding mix
- 8 ounces back of heath toffee pieces (also called baking bits)
- 1 (24 ounce) package frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Bake cake in 9x13 inch pan according to the manufacturers instructions. (In the ingredients list I put as per my Pillsbury Moist Supreme Devil's Food cake mix instructions --1 1/4 cup water, 1/2 cup of oil, and 3 eggs. Recipe Zaar would not allow the recipe to be published without putting those measurements in the ingredients list. Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines mixes might be different. Just follow the back of your box, whichever brand you use!).
- While the cake is baking, prepare the instant pudding according to instructions on box, set aside to chill.
- When the cake comes out of the oven, pour the chocolate syrup over the top of the entire cake.
- Using a fork, crumble the cake into small pieces.
- In a large clear bowl (or truffle bowl), put a layer of cake on the bottom, then cover with a layer of pudding.
- Then spread a layer of whipped topping, then sprinkle some of the crushed candy bars.
- Repeat the layers to the top of the bowl, ending with toffee bar pieces on top.
- Refrigerate until serving time.