Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
I found the "base recipe" for these muffins on the Dunkin Hines site and added a bunch of goodies to come up with something so dark and sinful that it should be eaten with caution. The chocolate chips add a sweetness that counteracts the tartness of the Devil's Food Cake and mocha. Enjoy with caution!
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Generously grease muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- Pour milk into a bowl and add coffee granules and chocolate syrup; stir until both have dissolved into milk.
- Combine cake mix, baking powder, flour, milk mixture, oil and eggs; blend until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups until roughly 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack or serve warm.