Prep 15 mins
Cook 17 mins
I found the "base recipe" for these muffins on the Dunkin Hines site and added a bunch of goodies to come up with something so dark and sinful that it should be eaten with caution. The chocolate chips add a sweetness that counteracts the tartness of the Devil's Food Cake and mocha. Enjoy with caution!
- 517.37 g devil's food cake mix (make sure it has pudding in the mix)
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 29.58 ml all-purpose flour
- 158.51 ml milk
- 14.78 ml instant coffee granules
- 29.58 ml chocolate syrup
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 3 large eggs
- 118.29-177.44 ml milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Generously grease muffin tins or line with paper liners.
- Pour milk into a bowl and add coffee granules and chocolate syrup; stir until both have dissolved into milk.
- Combine cake mix, baking powder, flour, milk mixture, oil and eggs; blend until well combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups until roughly 2/3 full.
- Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool on wire rack or serve warm.