Recipe by faith58
When our daughter played basketball one of the mom's brought this to a dinner and I have been making it ever since. You can also use your favorite candy bar ie: butterfinger etc. I also put it in a trifle bowl and it's the hit of the party.
Top Review by Happy Harry #2
Oh, the shame of it!! This was suppose to be the extra dessert just in case there were people who did not like the type of pies I baked! Well, there was plently of pie left over because after someone had the first bite of this trifle, a scream was heard throughout the house. A commotion ensued and the outcome was everybody making a dive for the trifle. They even put it right over the pie! This trifle made ANIMALS out of my guests! Maybe it was good...but what about my pies? Do I sound whiny...sorry. Yes, I have to admit I liked it also. I did have to make one major change; could not find Pepperidge Farms cake and my store said they don't make that anymore. Well I wound up buying some Claimjumpers frozen Chocolate Motherload Cake.This cake also had nuts so that added to this great trifle. Thank you so much for posting this delight.
- 1 pepperidge farm frozen chocolate cake
- 2 (15 3/4 ounce) cans chocolate pudding (I use thank you brand)
- 2 (16 ounce) cartons Cool Whip
- 6 crushed Heath candy bars
Directions See How It's Made
- First, cut the frozen cake into squares.
- I first cut the cake into half and it's easier this way.
- Take 1/2 of the cake that you cut into squares and place them in the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Put 1 can of the pudding on top of the cake then spread 1 carton of the cool whip on top of the pudding.
- I put the candy bars in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin, put 1/2 of the candy mixture on top of the cool whip.
- Then put the remaining cake, pudding, cool whip and top with remaining candy bars on top.
- This needs a warning, very addictive.