Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
When our daughter played basketball one of the mom's brought this to a dinner and I have been making it ever since. You can also use your favorite candy bar ie: butterfinger etc. I also put it in a trifle bowl and it's the hit of the party.
- First, cut the frozen cake into squares.
- I first cut the cake into half and it's easier this way.
- Take 1/2 of the cake that you cut into squares and place them in the bottom of the trifle bowl.
- Put 1 can of the pudding on top of the cake then spread 1 carton of the cool whip on top of the pudding.
- I put the candy bars in a ziploc bag and crush with a rolling pin, put 1/2 of the candy mixture on top of the cool whip.
- Then put the remaining cake, pudding, cool whip and top with remaining candy bars on top.
- This needs a warning, very addictive.
Oh, the shame of it!! This was suppose to be the extra dessert just in case there were people who did not like the type of pies I baked! Well, there was plently of pie left over because after someone had the first bite of this trifle, a scream was heard throughout the house. A commotion ensued and the outcome was everybody making a dive for the trifle. They even put it right over the pie! This trifle made ANIMALS out of my guests! Maybe it was good...but what about my pies? Do I sound whiny...sorry. Yes, I have to admit I liked it also. I did have to make one major change; could not find Pepperidge Farms cake and my store said they don't make that anymore. Well I wound up buying some Claimjumpers frozen Chocolate Motherload Cake.This cake also had nuts so that added to this great trifle. Thank you so much for posting this delight.
So decadent. I had an extra chocolate cake that I wasn't sure what to do with. I chose to make your recipe and boy am I glad I did. The heath bar puts it over the top. Thank you for sharing with us.
Loved the idea of using a premade cake but would probably reduce the amount of cool whip next time.