Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesbakers semisweet baking chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Coarsly chop 8 squares of chocolate and set aside.
- Microwave remaining squares in large microwavable bowl for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir until smooth.
- Stir in sugar, butter, eggs and vanilla.
- Stir in flour and baking powder.
- Stir in chopped up chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 12-13 minutes or until puffed and set to touch.
- Cool 1 minute.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
These were dreadful. Dull and flat tasting. I used butter instead of margarine but that is the only change. I really regret wasting all the money on expensive chocolate to have them turn out so badly.
YUM! This satisfied my chocolate craving, and was oh-so-wonderful! I will make it again! This dessert is so rich and fudgy, and I liked that it did not use much flour at all. I also make this recipe as a brownie (next time I will try the cookie for fun)!
This is an excellent recipe! I instead made it into brownies. 8 1/2 x 8 1/2 pan and it turned out great ! Will make it again and again and again! :-)