Recipe by Poison_Ivy
Fudgy and soft cookies for chocolate freaks! I try to cut down the sugar with substituing with Splenda whenever possible. You may be creative to dip these cookies into chocolate, or drizzle with more chocolate, serve with ice-cream on top...or they are totally heavenly alone!
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda brown sugar blend (firmly packed)
- 1⁄3 cup Splenda granular
- 1 large egg (at room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 9 ounces dark chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate in small microwave-safe cup. Microwave on medium (50% power) for 1 minute. Stir. Microwave 30 seconds more or until chocolate is softened. Stir until smooth and let cool.
- Mix flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt.
- Beat butter in large bowl until creamy, using electric mixer at medium speed. Add sugars and continue beating for 2 to 3 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat well. Stir in cooled chocolate.
- Beat in flour mixture in two additions, using low speed. Stir in chopped chocolate. Cover and refrigerate until firm, about 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Grease baking sheets. Make 12 big cookies. Bake 12 minutes.