Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Chocolatier magazine...a dessert lover's paradise! I don't even know where to start with these...the melted butter brings out a wonderful flavor, then your mouth orbits into a frenzy of chocolate in several forms-chunks, regular sized chips, and mini chips-and epic proportions!!! I made these only once so far, because the temptation to hog them all is too overwhelming....depending on the chocolate you use, these can range from a moderately to considerably expensive cookie to bake...and worth every penny! Hope you enjoy!
- 2 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, gradually beat both sugars into the melted butter for 1-2 minutes, or until completely emulsified and creamy.
- Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour mixture just until combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and chunks; stir until well combined.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350*F. Have ready at least 2 non-stick cookie sheets.
- Using about 2 tablespoons dough for each cookie, drop globs 2" apart on sheets.
- Bake 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
- Cool on sheets 3-5 minutes; transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
crazy chocolate, if chocolate is your thing this is awsome, I used bittersweet chunks, milk mini, semi sweet chips, crazy chocolate