From Chocolatier magazine...a dessert lover's paradise! I don't even know where to start with these...the melted butter brings out a wonderful flavor, then your mouth orbits into a frenzy of chocolate in several forms-chunks, regular sized chips, and mini chips-and epic proportions!!! I made these only once so far, because the temptation to hog them all is too overwhelming....depending on the chocolate you use, these can range from a moderately to considerably expensive cookie to bake...and worth every penny! Hope you enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup mini chocolate chip
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 2In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on low speed, gradually beat both sugars into the melted butter for 1-2 minutes, or until completely emulsified and creamy.
- 3Beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- 4Using a wooden spoon, stir in the flour mixture just until combined.
- 5Add the chocolate chips and chunks; stir until well combined.
- 6Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- 7Preheat oven to 350*F. Have ready at least 2 non-stick cookie sheets.
- 8Using about 2 tablespoons dough for each cookie, drop globs 2" apart on sheets.
- 9Bake 12-14 minutes, or until lightly browned around the edges.
- 10Cool on sheets 3-5 minutes; transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Death by Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Chocolate Nuggets
Serving Size: 1 (2191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2559.5
- Calories from Fat 1488
- Total Fat 165.4 g
- Saturated Fat 100.4 g
- Cholesterol 288.7 mg
- Sodium 1476.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 293.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 24.2 g
- Sugars 193.4 g
- Protein 28.9 g