Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Chocolate lovers' heaven - calorie counters' hell! These are sooooo good, but very, very evil! Go on, try 'em - I KNOW you can't resist them! Recipe is from the Australian 'Country Style' magazine.
- 200 g plain milk chocolate or 200 g baking chocolate
- 200 g walnuts or 200 g pecans or 200 g almonds or 200 g hazelnuts
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa (NOT drinking chocolate)
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 250 g butter, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 180C (350F).
- Grease and line a 20cm x 30cm (8" x 12") shallow sided baking tin- (lamington tin).
- Chop chocolate into small pieces, about the size of the fingernail on your little finger and set aside until needed.
- In a food processor grind nuts to a fine consistency.
- Tip nuts into a large mixing bowl.
- Add rice flour, sifted cocoa and sugar and mix well.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add melted butter, vanilla and eggs.
- Stir well to combine.
- Stir in chocolate pieces.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared baking tin and smooth the surface with the back of the spoon.
- Bake on the centre shelf of the oven for 40 minutes at 180C (350F).
- Remove from oven, cool in tin, and cut into squares or rectangles to serve.
- Store in airtight tins, lining base and between layers with kitchen paper.
Somehow my review disappeared...here it is again. This is such a full flavoured recipe....the brownies are nutty in taste.....dripping with chocolate and everyone from my 84 year old Dad to my 2 year old grandsnon LOVED it....I've made it perhaps 6 times in the past few weeks...and have doubled the recipe. Give it a go...it's so very "moreish".