Recipe by pearliegirlie
adapted from my BF Marianne's recipe. i love the combination of dark/semisweet and milk chocolate... it's the best of both worlds. try this recipe and rest in peace people!
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup semisweet chocolate
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- read the directions all the way through before starting.
- preheat oven to 325°F.
- sift together flour, salt, and soda (first 3 ingredients), set aside.
- melt butter in water on low-medium heat, add sugar, and bring to low boil.
- turn off burner, stir in vanilla and semisweet chocolate until smooth.
- add eggs, one at a time, and mix well.
- stir in flour mixture, a little at a time.
- stir in milk chocolate chips and walnuts.
- pour and bake for 25-30 minutes (i use a Baker's Edge Nonstick Edge Brownie Pan and 28 minutes is perfect).
- Marianne's rule of thumb: when in doubt, brownies are always better under rather than over.
- let cool completely before cutting. or, if you must, eat out of pan with nonstick bakeware safe spoon!