Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
oh god, here goes the 10 pounds I just lost!
- 1 (18 ounce) package chocolate cake mix
- instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1 2⁄3 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup strong brewed coffee, cooled***
- 1 (8 -12 ounce) container frozen whipped topping (thawed in refrigerator)
- 6 regular sized Heath candy bars, frozen and crushed (toffee or chocolate)
- Bake cake according to package directions in a 9x13" pan. Let cool completely.Make pudding, according to package directions. Whole or 2% milk works best.
- Crumble cooled cake into chunks. In a glass trifle bowl (or other large glass bowl) place half of the crumbled cake.
- Pour half of the coffee over the cake.Top with half of the pudding.Cover with half of the whipped topping, then half of the candy bars.
- Repeat layers in the same order. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Serves about 6-8.
- ***Add Kalhua to the coffee for extra flavor -- not more than 1/8 cup or there will be too much liquid.