1/2 Photos of Death by Chocolate
Chef #848413's Note:
These strawberries are grown from local farmers. The strawberries are fresh, extra large and very sweet. I added Cream de Cacao into chocolate as it enhances or improves the flavors of both dark and white chocolate. These Dark and White Chocolate Covered Strawberries are placed on a plate and present a wonderful elegant dessert for Lunch, Dinner or a Sundy Brunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Rinse the strawberries under cold water and place on clean paper towels.
- 2Place water into a bain-marie or double boiler and heat until the water boils. Reduce the water to a slow simmer.
- 3Add the dark chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of Cream de Cacao. Slowly stir the chocolate as it melts.
- 4Dip 12 strawberries one at a time into the warm dark chocolate. Place the dark chocolate covered strawberries on a plate linned with bakers paper or wax paper. Let the chocolate strawberries set-up.
- 5Clean the dark chocolate from the bain-marie and add the white chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of Cream de Cacao. Slowly stir the white chocolate as it melts.
- 6Dip the 12 remaining strawberries one at a time into the white chocolate. Place the white chocolate strawberries on a plate linned with bakers paper or wax paper. Let the chocolate strawberries set-up.
- 7Chill the dark and white chocolate strawberries until service.
- 8Place the Chocolate Covered Strawberries on a chilled dessert plate and serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Death by Chocolate
Serving Size: 1 (2174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 316.0
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 8.5 mg
- Sodium 29.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 34.5 g
- Protein 3.0 g