Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These strawberries are grown from local farmers. The strawberries are fresh, extra large and very sweet. I added Cream de Cacao into chocolate as it enhances or improves the flavors of both dark and white chocolate. These Dark and White Chocolate Covered Strawberries are placed on a plate and present a wonderful elegant dessert for Lunch, Dinner or a Sundy Brunch.
- 2 pints fresh strawberries (24 Large Strawberries)
- 2 (12 ounce) packages semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 (12 ounce) packages white chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup Creme de Cacao (Divided)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Rinse the strawberries under cold water and place on clean paper towels.
- Place water into a bain-marie or double boiler and heat until the water boils. Reduce the water to a slow simmer.
- Add the dark chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of Cream de Cacao. Slowly stir the chocolate as it melts.
- Dip 12 strawberries one at a time into the warm dark chocolate. Place the dark chocolate covered strawberries on a plate linned with bakers paper or wax paper. Let the chocolate strawberries set-up.
- Clean the dark chocolate from the bain-marie and add the white chocolate chips, 1 tablespoon of butter and 2 tablespoons of Cream de Cacao. Slowly stir the white chocolate as it melts.
- Dip the 12 remaining strawberries one at a time into the white chocolate. Place the white chocolate strawberries on a plate linned with bakers paper or wax paper. Let the chocolate strawberries set-up.
- Chill the dark and white chocolate strawberries until service.
- Place the Chocolate Covered Strawberries on a chilled dessert plate and serve.