Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
So decadent it's practically sinful! Note: prep & cook time does not include letting cake sit overnight.
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sour milk or 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) packages chocolate mousse mix
- 1⁄3 cup Kahlua
- 3 Skor candy bars (chocolate-covered english toffee bars)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Mix together water, cocoa & baking soda. Set aside.
- Cream together butter & sugar. Beat in eggs Add flour, milk, & cocoa mixture. Add vanilla & mix well.
- Bake in greased & floured 9x13” cake pan 30 minute
- With fork, puncture top of baked cake and drizzle with kahlua.
- Cover with saran wrap & rest overnight.
- Prepare mousse according to package directions.
- Crumble cake into large pieces. Finely chop Skor bars. Whip cream.
- In a large glass trifle dish, layer cake, mousse, whipped cream, and Skor bars (in that order). Repeat.
- Refrigerate (best served a day or two after making).