Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a beautiful dish to carry to work, church supper or fix for a holiday dinner. Everyone will enjoy and rave about it.
- 1 (18 ounce) box devil's food cake mix
- 2 (3 ounce) boxes chocolate mousse mix
- 1 (8 ounce) container Cool Whip
- 6 crushed Heath candy bars or 6 crushed Skor candy bars
- Make cake according to directions.
- Let cool completely.
- Mix up both boxes of chocolate mousse mix according to directions.
- Crumble cake in small pieces.
- Use a trifle dish and layer as follows: cake layer, mousse layer, Cool Whip layer, Heath Bar layer.
- Repeat all again ending up with the Heath Bar pieces on top.
I substitued 1 box of Jell-O no-bake silk pie for one of the mousse layers. What an absolutely wonderful dessert!!!
This wasn't as good as I expected it to be. I made it for guests and it didn't get "rave reviews." I drizzled caramel on mine and I really thought that added to it. I realize that this is just personal preference, but we didn't care for the texture. It was like eating a combination of puddings with some cake crumbled in it. Some people may like that though. To each their own!
I've been making this for at least ten years. The only difference is my recipe calls for a brownie mix rather than the cake one. A chocoholics dream!