Recipe by MARIA MAC *
These potatoes are so rich, cheesy and buttery. Not an every day side dish but impressive for company or holidays. Cook time does not include time for cooking potatoes.
- 3 1⁄2 lbs Red Bliss potatoes
- 1 head garlic, cleaned
- 12 ounces unsalted butter
- 8 ounces heavy cream
- 3 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 12 tablespoons asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes and garlic in cold water for 30 minutes or until fork tender. Strain.
- While potatoes are cooking, combine unsalted butter and cream in a saucepan over medium heat until melted.
- Add melted butter, cream, salt and pepper to strained potatoes. Mash but keep lumpy. You don't want them pureed.
- Put into a oven-safe casserole dishand sprinkle with asiago cheese
- . Bake at 450 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.