Recipe by Mom2Rose
These showy brownies are nice and tall with pockets of caramel goo. They are wicked enough on their own, but for an over-the-top dessert, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Top Review by rsnelling42
Yum! I've made this twice now. I cut the recipe in half both times and used an 8" x 8" pan. Baking time is almost the same - I think around an hour. The second time I used Milky Way bars instead of the Snickers, as I found the peanuts to be distracting from the caramel. How can you argue with a dessert that has candy bars in the recipe? Thank you!!!
- 3 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (2 1/8 ounce) Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can dulce de leche
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture, stirring just until blended.
- Fold in chopped candy bars.
- Spoon batter into a greased aluminum foil-lined 13" x 9" pan coated with cooking spray, allowing foil to extend over ends of pan (Pan will be very full).
- Spoon dollops of dulce de leche over batter; swirl slightly into batter with a knife.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack, and cool completely (This may take several hours).
- Use foil to lift uncut brownies out of pan.
- Peel foil away from sides of uncut brownies, and cut into bars.