1/2 Photos of Death by Caramel Bars
1 hr 24 mins
These showy brownies are nice and tall with pockets of caramel goo. They are wicked enough on their own, but for an over-the-top dessert, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 cups light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 cups unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup oats, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 (2 1/8 ounce) Snickers candy bars, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can dulce de leche
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well.
- 2Combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Add to butter mixture, stirring just until blended.
- 4Fold in chopped candy bars.
- 5Spoon batter into a greased aluminum foil-lined 13" x 9" pan coated with cooking spray, allowing foil to extend over ends of pan (Pan will be very full).
- 6Spoon dollops of dulce de leche over batter; swirl slightly into batter with a knife.
- 7Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
- 8Remove to a wire rack, and cool completely (This may take several hours).
- 9Use foil to lift uncut brownies out of pan.
- 10Peel foil away from sides of uncut brownies, and cut into bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Death by Caramel Bars
Serving Size: 1 (95 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.2
- Calories from Fat 180
- Total Fat 20.1 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 65.8 mg
- Sodium 168.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 34.2 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dulce de leche