Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This gooey rich dessert bar was made by taking an old recipe I found and tweaking it a little!
- 1 (18 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Nestle milk chocolate and caramel swirled morsels
- Combine cake mix, oil and eggs.
- Mix well.
- Pat 2/3 of the mixture in bottom of greased 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In microwave safe bowl combine margarine, sweetened condensed milk and chocolate/caramel chips.
- Melt until creamy.
- Pour over top of cake mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cake mixture over top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until brown.
- Chill 2 hours and then cut into bars.
Everyone enjoyed these bars. The guys practically inhaled them! They are very rich and gooey. I had to go to five stores before I found the milk chocolate and caramel swirled morsels! I wish I could rate these a 4.5. They weren't quite a 5, but still very good! Thanks for another tasty recipe! Made for Spring PAC 2009.
PAC 2008- Can I just say THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!! Anything this easy should be a sin and becuse it is delicious to boot, well 10 stars from the boys. I am off chocolate for a week due to medical but the boys (45 and older) LOL went nuts. These were gone within hours! DH says make more for the trip please as these will do great in the bribe or card party department. LOL I followed exactly but wow can I say will make over and over. I am also thinking of using a double chocolate fudge cake mx just for the heck of it. WIll et you know. Thank you again for a keeper. I was so lucky in my adoptions and all my babies did fantastic.