Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Different than ALL of the other tuna casseroles out there. An extreme favorite of mine from childhood. You are supposed to use fresh or frozen green peas, but I use canned. You are supposed to use 2% milk, but I use whole. Half the time I make it without the crispy topping.
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 1 cup green peas
- 10 3⁄4 ounces cream of mushroom soup
- 5 ounces Kraft pimento spread
- 1⁄2 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 6 1⁄2 ounces tuna in water, drained
- 4 ounces egg noodles, cooked and drained
- 1⁄4 cup black olives, chopped
- 1 cup crushed potato chips or 1 cup corn flakes
- Heat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter, saute onion until tender.
- Add soup, cheese spread, tuna, milk; heat, stirring constantly, until cheese is melted.
- Add noodles, peas, and olives; mix well.
- Spoon mixture into greased 2-qt. casserole dish.
- Sprinkle with potato chips or cornflakes.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
This is a different and tasty recipe for anyone wanting a change of pace. Very creamy. Thanks for posting.