1/4 Photos of Dear Abby's Famous Pecan Pie
1 hr 10 mins
This recipe by Abigail Van Buren (aka Pauline Phillips) is published from time to time in her "Dear Abby" column. Jeanne Phillips, the original Abby's daughter, and the current "Dear Abby" adds this tip: The original recipe stated that the pie should be baked 45-50 minutes in a preheated 350 degree gas oven. If an electric oven is used, it may be necessary to add 15-20 minutes to the baking time. (Begin testing the pie with a toothpick after 45 minutes.)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2In a large bowl, combine corn syrup, sugar, eggs, butter, salt and vanilla; mix well.
- 3Pour filling into unbaked pie crust.
- 4Sprinkle with pecan halves.
- 5Bake for 45- 50 minutes or until center is set.
- 6(Toothpick inserted in center will come out clean, when pie is done.).
- 7(If crust or pie appears to be getting too brown, cover with foil for the remaining baking time.).
- 9You can top it with a bit of whip cream if desired.
Browse Our Top Pies and Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pies and Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dear Abby's Famous Pecan Pie
Serving Size: 1 (892 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3253.7
- Calories from Fat 1327
- Total Fat 147.5 g
- Saturated Fat 49.6 g
- Cholesterol 720.5 mg
- Sodium 1800.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 493.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 309.7 g
- Protein 28.8 g