Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
I love this recipe because it is so easy and it is so well received! I also like it because I almost always have the ingredients on hand so if friends or family drop by unexpectedly, I have something that can be quickly thrown together to share (though, if I can, I usually like to make it a day ahead to allow the flavors to blend). I can also dress it up by adding some baby shrimp or crab meat (fresh or canned) or I can use it to make pinwheel appitizers. It's a very good recipe to have on hand!
- 226.79 g package cream cheese, room temperature (light or regular)
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 118.29 ml mayonnaise
- 28.34 g package Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 4 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix until blended (I usually use a mixer set on low speed to blend).
- Turn out into a 4 cup serving bowl or hollowed bread bowl and serve with a variety of crackers, bread sticks or vegetables.
- *If you would like to step it up a notch, you can add seafood to the dip. I usually add 1 to 2 cups of cooked baby shrimp or 4 to 8 oz. cooked crab meat, shredded and added with the other ingredients.
- **You can also use the dip as a nice spread for making pinwheel appetizers. Just spread the mixture thinly over the top of flour tortillas and then roll tightly and refrigerate for an hour or more. You can then slice them into 1" rounds and placed them on a serving tray.