Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Nice & hot chili - just the way we liked it down by Austin, TX!! Lots of ground beef (meaty), lots of jalapeño peppers (hot), lots of good simple wholesome ingredients
- 2 -3 lbs ground beef
- 3 (29 ounce) cans dark red kidney beans (depends on how beany you like yer chili)
- 1 large onion (cut into desired pieces you prefer)
- 1 -2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 cup jalapeno pepper (amount will depend on how much heat you like in your chili!! I prefer about 1/2 c. Chopped)
- 2 -3 tablespoons red chili powder (APPROX, i basically just sprinkle it in)
- 6 (10 1/2 ounce) cans Campbell's condensed tomato soup
- 1 (16 ounce) jar hot salsa (FOR THAT ADDED BITE!!)
- Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat. While cooking the ground beef, add garlic salt, cut up onion and add to ground beef and continue to cook. Open all cans (beans and soup), dice jalapeño peppers.
- In a large pot, add beans, jalapeños (1/2 with the beans and 1/2 with the ground beef and onion), tomato soup, chili powder, salsa and mix together over low heat.
- Drain excess grease from ground beef mixture and add to the pot of ingredients (beans, tomato soup, salsa, etc). Mix all ingredients together and simmer on low heat for approximately 30 minutes (I usually will simmer mine for about an hour, just to ensure all the ingredients are cooked together, this usually will make the bite come out more and chili will be very flavorful).