Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Tangy sauce makes these chops sing. Serve with rice or noodles. Can use thicker pork chops, but you will have to cook them longer. This recipe also works well in the Crock Pot. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- 6 half inch pork chops
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil or 29.58 ml vegetable shortening
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 118.29 ml diced onion
- 304.75 g can cream of chicken soup
- 9.85 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 44.37 ml catsup
- 354.88 ml water
- 113.39 g can mushroom stems and pieces
- Brown pork chops with small amount of shortening or vegetable oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Drain and place in 9x13 inch pan. Set aside.
- Add onion to pan and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes until soft.
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Stir together until combined and cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until heated through and bubbly.
- Pour over chops, cover pan with foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 1.5 hours.
I made this with 1 inch thick chops, in the slow cooker on high for 3 hours then on low for another hour. The chops were tender and moist, with lots of sauce that I served over rice. Thanks!
Excellant! For me I only used one pot from the stove top to the oven. So worth trying. Will be making this dish again.