Recipe by drhousespcatcher
Ornish recipe for Granola which is listed in his Heart Disease Reversal Diet. Created by Chef Mary Carrol
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup rye flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy crumbles, See NOTE
- 1⁄4 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup dates, chopped and pitted
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- NOTE: Soy Crumbles should be Soy Flakes but the zaar computer does NOT like the ingredient.
- Mix everything but the dates and raisins and toss to cover with the apple juice.
- Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours at 300°F
- Cool; add dates and raisins.
- Place in airtight containers in a cool place.