Recipe by MizEmerilLagasse
I call this deadly for two reasons: First, because it's just a "little" on the fattening, clog your arteries side of the food spectrum. Second, because it is just drop dead delicious!
- 1 lb elbow macaroni
- 6 slices bacon (I use maple-smoked)
- 3 -4 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole milk or 1 1⁄4 cups cream
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups shredded cheese (I use pepper jack or colby jack)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions on the package, drain, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large saucepan, fry the bacon until crispy then remove and crumble.
- Add the flour to the bacon drippings (yummies) and cooking, stirring constantly, for about 2 minutes over low/medium-low heat.
- Add the whole milk and whisk to combined; bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Remove from heat and add the chives, salt, pepper, onion powder, and cheese; stir to combined.
- Add macaroni then pour into a grease 9"-13" glass pan; top with more cheese and bake for about 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Top with crumbled bacon before serving.