Prep 24 hrs
Cook 10 mins
Dead Beat Pete's
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic granules
- 1 tablespoon salt (optional)
- 4 cups water
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 medium green peppers
- 4 medium red onions
- unsalted butter
- 16 ounces salsa
- 6 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 ounces mild cheddar cheese
- 16 ounces monterey jack cheese
- Mix dry ingredients, add water and mix again well.
- Mix marinade.
- Marinate chicken at least 2 hours (24 hours for best results).
- Cook rice, slice pepper and onions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix salsa and 4 cups cooked rice.
- Grill or saute chicken breasts until firm.
- Sauté peppers and onions in unsalted butter until tender.
- On individual plates, put a chicken breast over a bed of rice.
- Peppers and onions over chicken.
- Sprinkle with both types of cheeses.
- Put in oven to melt cheese (watch closely).