Recipe by thekosherchannel
People tell me they would buy my cookbook just to have this one recipe. So, I thought I would post it here since Cooking for The King is not (yet) published. If you really like it (its so easy and DE-licious!) please visit my new site http://www.thekosherchannel.com and leave me a comment. While there you can also look under "Salads" to find out how this dish got its name. Todah!
- 2 large eggplants, peeled & cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 -3 tablespoons mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- 2. Place eggplant and garlic in a large baking pan. Toss with oil and salt.
- 3. Bake, uncovered for 40-50 minutes or until eggplant is golden brown and the smaller pieces around the edges begin to blacken. Halfway through the baking process use a metal spatula to stir and turn the eggplant, scraping stuck pieces from the bottom of the pan.
- 4. Remove from oven. While eggplant is still warm, add mayonnaise. Stir gently until incorporated.
- 5. Chill thoroughly.