Recipe by Kat's Mom
A quick and yummy pasta that can be served as the main course or as a side dish. From the BBC website. I like that this sauce is not overloaded with butter and does not use olive oil. Instead, it highlights the bacon, onion and cheese flavors.
Top Review by Karen Elizabeth
Really nice carbonara!!! Always a favourite of ours and this is a good version, not overloaded with garlic, rich and saisfying with a lovely creamy sauce clinging to the pasta and of course, bacon, yum!!! KM, really enjoyed this, a keeper :) Thank you for sharing!
- 226.79 g spaghetti
- 14.79 ml butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped (may use shallots)
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 6 slice bacon, chopped
- 2 eggs
- 146.68 ml cream
- 28.34 g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- salt and black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil a large pan of water and cook the pasta following the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat butter in a small frying pan and cook the onions, garlic and bacon for 5-7 minutes until golden.
- Beat together the eggs, cream, most of the parmesan and plenty of ground black pepper.
- Drain the spaghetti and return to the pan, off the heat.
- Add the onion and egg mixtures and toss together until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve with the rest of the parmesan sprinkled on top.
- Add black pepper and salt if desired.