Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Also known as "Belly-Up Berry Cobbler"
Make and share this Dead Berry Cobbler recipe from Food.com.
- Combine the berries and ½ cup sugar; stir well and set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt into a small bowl; set aside.
- Cream the butter and ½ cup sugar in an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Place the berries in a strainer to drain the juice; save the juice.
- Measure the milk and add the vanilla.
- In a large bowl, add the sifted ingredients, alternating milk and vanilla mixture with dry ingredients.
- Make sure you begin and end with dry ingredients.
- Blend the ingredients, but do not overmix.
- Butter or oil a two-and-a-half quart baking dish.
- Place the batter evenly in the baking dish.
- Spoon the drained berries evenly over the batter.
- Pour the juice over the berries.
- Bake for 45 minutes at 375°F.
- Serve warm.