Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This stuff works! Will even de-scent a roadkilled skunk. Has to be made fresh every time.
Make and share this De-Skunker recipe from Food.com.
- 1 quart of 3% hydrogen peroxide
- 1⁄4 cup baking soda
- 1 teaspoon liquid soap
- Mix together, use immediately.
- Just pour over whatever got skunked and
- rinse off with tap water.
- Works far better than tomato juice and is a lot cheaper.
Thanks - this works well. We seem to have a skunk that visits frequently. This really helped neutralize the odor!
thank you for posting this for me lol you have done a great service dee
This really does work. I never rinsed it off my dog. My recipe calls for 16oz of water to be added but maybe I will try it this way next time. I have also used it on the carpet after a piddle puppy had an accident and it removed that odor also. Depending on how bad the odor of skunk is you may have to repeat it but this is a great recipe!!