Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
The toughest thing to de-skin amongst the nuts are filberts or hazelnuts. Here's how one can do it. Note: I am posting water also as an ingredient because the computer won't accept only 1 ingredient.
Top Review by Meris
great help. Although my hazelnuts were done after about 5 min (my oven is a bit dodgy though!) I think this is also called blanching hazelnuts.. i found one other instruction on the internet saying to blanch hazelnuts was to boil them but the majority was just as you suggest. - thanks
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the filberts in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 275 F until the skins crack. This takes 30 minutes.
- Transfer nuts to a clean kitchen towel and roll it up.
- Allow nuts to steam for 5 minutes.
- Rub nuts in the same towel between the hands until most of the skins come off.
- Enjoy and use hazelnuts now to make cookies.