Cook1 hr 15 mins
This recipe comes from an insert in my paper. Made by Sheila Suhan she says that it is a light and creamy cheesecake that she named after the 1967 Nilsson hit.
- 236.59 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 118.29 ml sweetened flaked coconut
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 4.92 ml grated lime zest
- 44.37 ml butter, melted
- 4 (907.18 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 eggs
- 425.24 g cansweetened cream coconut milk
- 118.29 ml sour cream
- 9.85 ml grated lime rind
- 59.14 ml fresh lime juice
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Crust: Combine all ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Process until just blended. Press in bottom and about 1/2 inch up the sides of a 10 inch spring form pan.
- Filling: Place cream cheese in a large bowl and beat with a mixer at medium high speed until smooth. Reduce speed to low and add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well.
- Add remaining filling ingredients and beat well, scraping bottom and sides of the bowl occasionally. Scrape filling into crust.
- Bake 75 to 90 minutes, until center jiggles slightly when pan is tapped. Remove from oven and run a knife around inside of pan. Cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Garnish with whipped cream and lime wedges, if desired.